The Front End Pharmacy Tech uses full knowledge of the job to perform activities that support pharmacy management operations under general supervision in the administration of pharmacy benefit for lines of business. Typically a certified pharmacy technician.
* Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient's profile in accordance with state regulations.
* Work with pharmacists per work instructions, policy and procedures, management direction or any national or state regulations.
* Quality assurance, prescriber and patient outreach and adverse event reporting.
* Serve as SME and assist with questions/issues for team members in coordination with supervisor.
* May perform training Assists with training of co-workers.
* Participate in Lean and continuous improvement efforts internal and external to the department.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 2-3 years relevant experience.
* Experience in a Specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
* Valid Pharmacy Technician license / certification / registration as required by state laws.
* Basic math skills and general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills desired.
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
* Ability to learn internal systems, processes and programs as needed.
* Problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of complex specialty therapies and processes.
* Ability to handle high stress situations.
* Flexible and adaptable.
* Strong time management skills.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the \"Most Admired Companies\" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran
Associated topics: aseptic technique, cytometry, diet, dietary, drug development, histotechnologist, microbiological, pharmaceutical, physiology, trauma