What You Will Do:
As a hospice aide for Amedisys you will provide one on one personal care and homemaking services for terminally ill patients in their home using a patient specific care plan. You will work independently while having the direction, support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
* Provide personal care which includes bathing and personal hygiene.
* Assist the patient with ambulation, transfers, and positioning or prescribed exercises as instructed by the registered nurse or a therapist.
* Plan and prepare nutritious meals which may include shopping or assist with feeding, and may perform other homemaking or environmental services as required.
* Provide respite for patient's family/caregivers when on-site, as appropriate
* Document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required reports and established timelines.
* Prepare clinical progress notes and communicate current health status and needs of patients to the registered nurse and others providing patient care.
* Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team and attend patient care conferences to maintain continuity of care
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting and has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
* Current state certification as a nurse assistant, nurse aide, certified home health aide or proof of registry as required by state, if applicable*.
* Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency. Additionally, upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
* Current CPR certification
* Transportation access to and from work assignments. In instances where employee performs tasks that require the use of their automobile, evidence of current driver's license and required liability insurance.
* Current state certification as a nurse assistant in which the employee is assigned to work (if not a state specific requirement)
* Previous home health or hospice experience