SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterNashville, TN
Registered Nurse (RN) Sarah Cannon Cancer Center 3 North Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant - Nights with rotating weekends.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy - Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401K (3 to 9% based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:
Our 686 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
3 North Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant is an acute care unit that provides care for adult and geriatric medical oncology, hematologic-oncology, and pre-/post-autologous blood and marrow transplantations patients. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Management of patients with radiation implants
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of central venous access devices
- Management of spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration.
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy
- Management of neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Pain Management
- Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Telemetry monitoring
Centennial Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) 3 North Hematology/BMT.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification (Other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment).
Military: 66H, 66N, 46NX
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse clinical, surgery, transitional