SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterNashville, TN
Registered Nurse (RN) Women s Hospital Obstetrics Emergency Department
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Obstetrics Emergency Department provides individualized assessment/emergency care to patients who are experiencing obstetric and gynecologic problems.
- Evaluation of gynecological concerns
- Antenatal fetal testing procedures
- Maternal screening for complications of pregnancy
- Evaluation of labor status.
- Determination of spontaneous labor
- Stabilization of high risk or ante-partum issues
- Maternal and fetal monitoring
- Emergency care for gynecological issues
Centennial Medical Center is currently looking for a NIGHTSRegistered Nurse (RN) Obstetrics Emergency Department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for employee, physician and patient satisfaction.
- Assumes responsibility for standards of practice and for quality of care.
- Promotes hospital customer service initiative.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification (Other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment).
- ACLS ( within 9 months of orientation)
- AWHONN (within 6 months of hire for experienced RNs and after 6 months but within one year for inexperienced RNs)
- NRP certification ( New Hires to complete NRP during orientation)
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66N
Air Force AFSC - 46NX
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, intensive, intensive care, maternal, nurse clinical, psychiatric, recovery, surgery, surgical