The Lead Business Analyst for Supply Chain Planning and Execution will collaborate with the functional leaders and product owners to define, justify, and deliver IT Services and Investments that enable achievement of short and long-term business objectives and advance the company's capabilities to provide competitive advantage, while effectively leveraging the broader IT community of internal and external providers to successfully deliver those Services and Investments. Typical responsibilities may include providing input to strategic direction, facilitating the process to collect and define Supply Chain requirements, providing expert advice and recommendations on industry trends and best practices, contributing to the development of roadmaps to achieve the long and short-term capability needs of Global Operations, and performing analysis on business or systems processes to identify improvements and/or calculate cost/benefit data.
* Provides Business Analysis and Requirements management in support of Global Supply Chain
* Elicit, define, analyze, and document testable business requirements, liaising with customers, end users and the Information Technology team.
* Leverage strong communication and analytical skills, business relationships, and business process expertise to understand, document, assess, and drive business change needs to accelerate process enhancement and business growth.
* Drives re-use of existing solution capability or introduction of new technology to achieve program or project objectives
* Works independently and simultaneously on multiple projects with various subject matter experts to understand current business process landscape, enterprise alignment, and growth
* Business Analysis ownership for 18 supply chain planning and execution processes, 17 manufacturing locations, >100 warehouses managing $1B+ in inventory and supporting 600+ employees. Identify and evaluate potential solutions, favouring existing \"invest\" application estate. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
* Measurably improve business process capability and performance measures for delivered projects. Including Help with ongoing business adoption of the global advanced planning solution. Work between the business and appropriate external Application Managed Services providers (i.e. Logility, SAP, etc.).
* Attain a high re-use of technology while driving process standardization for owned processes. Developing and performing processes necessary to facilitate the Application Managed Services. Monitoring service levels as defined in the outsourced service agreement.
* Liaising with the outsourcing vendor and internal teams regarding ongoing support service.
* Functioning as primary initial point of contact for support of issues related to daily support service. Coordinating between the outsourcer and internal resources as needed to resolve exceptional issues and deliver new solutions. Support day-to-day operation of the outsourced Logility Application Managed Support service and ongoing operations of supporting systems across multiple production instances via a formal support model
* Drives effective requirements definition that creates objective, testable requirements that results in a business solution which meets or exceeds the defined objectives. Create functional requirements in Use Cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with stakeholders that Use Cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs. Recommends options that best fit the business needs, value proposition and strategic roadmap. In conjunction with Business Representatives, identify process improvement opportunities, provide recommendations and generate business requirements to meet key business objectives, and provide value within the business.
* Identifies, analyzes, and troubleshoots the root cause of business and technical issues
Key Skills and Competencies
* This position requires exceptional collaboration, teamwork, negotiation, influence, and relationship-building skills at all levels with internal and external parties in addition to Smith & Nephews key values.
* Business process design and re-engineering techniques and methods.
* Communicates and negotiates effectively, written and verbal, formal and informal
* Ability to operate effectively in a global multi-cultural environment and drive harmonization and standardization
* Business analysis -Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
* Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
* Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
* Designs and manages tests of new/updated processes. Manages selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions. Ensure tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions. Highlights issues and risks identified during testing to business stakeholders.
* Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity. Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
Minimum 7-10 years of relevant technical or business work experience. With at least 5 years of experience in Information Technology. Certification in Business Analysis preferred, working in an IT analyst or senior analyst role within a Supply Chain management systems support and development function.
Extensive SAP Configuration and User Support experience in and around the relevant SAP module as well as cross functional experience, including multiple full project lifecycles
Logility and/or other Advanced Supply Chain Planning systems Configuration and User Support experience.
Knowledge of Logility or other Advanced Supply Chain Planning Systems integration and downstream system integration impacts.
Knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and advanced reporting systems and techniques is a plus.
Experience supporting business process improvements with-in Supply Chain Management.
Experience of defining and implementing business process improvements, within Supply Chain Management.
Strong knowledge of SAP modules integration and downstream impacts.
Experience of working in a Global organization.
Business Analysis Level 5
Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change. Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
Requirements Management REQM Level 5
Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives. Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts. Establishes requirements baselines. Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed. Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards.
Benefits Management Level 5
Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plans to
activate these mechanisms at the required time. Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change programme and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place. Supports operational managers to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realisation of the benefits of each part of the change programme.
Consultancy Level 5 (CNSL)
Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
Specialist Advice Level 5 (TECH)
Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s). Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
Associated topics: business, business analysis, client, consult, consultant, crm, sales, sap, senior consultant, support analyst