LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION, TURNEY CENTER INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX, HICKMAN COUNTY
Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school and experience equivalent to four years of storekeeping work.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Qualifying experience in storekeeping may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Necessary Special Qualifications: A valid motor vehicle operator's license may be required for employment in some positions.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for storekeeping work of considerable difficulty and supervisory work of routine difficulty, being responsible for storekeeping operations at a large storehouse; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class is responsible for the operation of a major storehouse with a wide variety and volume of commodities. This class differs from that of a Storekeeper 1 in that an incumbent of the latter has lesser overall storekeeping responsibilities and often reports to an incumbent of this class.
* Time Management * Functional/Technical Competency * Managing Diversity * Customer Focus * Written Communications * Motivating Others * Listening * Organizing * Ethics and Values * Priority Setting
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service * Knowledge of simple mathematic calculations * Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures to promote effective security and safety operations * Knowledge of clerical procedures such as word processing, filing, and other office procedures and terminology
* Active Listening * Active Learning * Speaking * Reading Comprehension * Writing * Instructing * Time Management * Negotiation
* Oral Comprehension * Oral Expression * Written Comprehension * Written Expression * Number Facility * Dynamic Flexibility * Peripheral Vision * Static Strength * Speech Clarity
Associated topics: assistant manager, assistant store manager, associate manager, manage, retail store manager, shift supervisor, store manager, supervise, supervisor, retail management
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.